Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tolerance and Intolerance - Oprah Update


This week was one with many opportunities to observe and choose my action and reactions.  From hockey games, to homeless people, to ex business associates, to spending 24/7 with my husband and daughter for 4 days, to Oprah.   During the hockey game, I was wondering how people could be so emotionally involved in something that doesn't really matter.   The homeless people, I tried to help, especially when Michael reminded me by singing Man in The Mirror just at the right moment.  The ex business associate I ignored as much as possible because I felt that we had been treated badly in the past.  The close quarters with my family had its up and downs, but was fun overall.  Then came Oprah.
As I was sitting in the seat, waiting for her to come out to speak, I looked around at the crowd.  Mostly women, at least 90%.  In fact, my husband had a hard time finding a Men's washroom because most of them had been changed to Ladies rooms for the evening.   I had these words repeating in my mind "Give her a chance.  Give her a chance.  Give her a chance."  So I did.

She was funny.  She was interesting.  She was well spoken.  Her talk was about her own life story,  describing her turning points, the adversities she has overcome, to show others that they too, can follow their dreams and live their own best life.  My husband's 25 year old daughter was there, and for her it was inspiring to see that someone can come from very humble beginnings and make their life whatever they want it to be.   Oprah is an extreme example of that.  For me, it was an entertaining evening, but being devoted to Michael, no one else can ever hold a candle to him.  How could they?  He is so far beyond Oprah, she can't even see him from where she is, she never could.  That's just how it is.

Oprah has her own role to play in the world.  I know she has helped a lot of people, she has made a difference to many, and she has an inspiring life story.  She has not wasted her life.  I think she has a lot to teach, and she also has a lot to learn.  As do we all.
I gave a package of seven copies of Ever After to the Guest Services office for Oprah, and they assured me that they would be delivered to her.   I will most likely never know if she reads it or not, but I hope she does, and if she does, I hope it wakes her up to the truth of Michael.  If she gets even a glimpse of who he is, it just might change her life.




No comments: