I am going to Vancouver today with my husband and daughter. We have tickets to see Oprah speak on Thursday night. My husband gave me the tickets for Christmas as he assumed I would like to see Oprah. I have mixed feelings about her. I know she had done a lot for charity, and I admire the way she has come from nowhere to make her dreams come true. She has a lot in common with Michael. And she is also completely different from him. Although I know Oprah believes in a higher power, she seems to have a bit too big of an ego sometimes. She is nowhere near as humble as she could be.
And she has been sadly lacking in standing up for Michael. Although they both are:
African American
born in
the fifties
in humble
surroundings
difficult
childhood
Always
had big ideas
thinking
outside the box
wanted to
make a difference
Believed
in their dreams
worked
hard
never
gave up
became
famous
became
wealthy
gave much
back to the world
inspiring
to others
envied by
many
judged by
some
followed
their heart
listened
to their guidance
paved the
way
changed the world
It just seems to me that Oprah did it for herself, and Michael did it for us.
I am giving her copies of Ever After, to give her an chance to see the truth about Michael. Maybe she will come out with a public apology for not standing up for him earlier. There is so much she can learn from him. We all deserve a chance to change!

2 comments:
You may be right about this statement to some degree. Yet when she did this first interview with Michael. She was curious, that I can guarantee, and wanted to know about Michael, just as any one of us did. Ratings of course was another factor and it did put her over the top.
Yet when the trial of 2005 came about, and Oprah stated she "believed" he was guilty, knowing the circumstances of the trial, she felt he was guilty.
I lost faith in her by her and if you're expecting an apology, you can't just count that out.
Oprah did not publically say that Michael was guilty. (If so, can you post a link to the actual quote or YT video) This is a perceived rumor that went around in the MJ community. This is not to say that maybe she felt he was, but so did alot of people. Nobody is asking Steven Spielberg for an apology but I bet alot of MJ fam are going to his movies. Diane Sawyer publically showed distain for Michael but nobody is asking for her apology. Let me add, Michael was so cute in that Oprah interview, even if there were questions asked that he didn't like. He should of did one less interview with Diane Sawyer. And no 'Bashit' interview at all.
Post a Comment