I have been thinking about the parents and families of the children who died yesterday in the bus crash in Switzerland. My heart opens in love for them. I can not even begin to imagine what pain they are in right now, and I don't know what could be done or said that would bring them any relief. Of course, we all think of our own children, and wonder how we could carry on if they were taken suddenly away. If I was with those parents, I would say nothing, only hold them in my arms and love them, and share their grief.
From the other side of the world, where I am, I am holding them in my arms and loving them, sending them strength to help them get through one day, one hour, one minute at a time. It's easy for me, because I have my normal life to return to after my prayer for their healing. For them, life will never be the same.
I hope they will all help each other in this shared tragedy, and that strong bonds will form to help them cope, a community that will never be torn apart by petty grievances because they have shared so much with one another. It is easy to say that time will heal, or that their children are in a beautiful place waiting to be reunited with them, and maybe someday they will be ready to hear these things, but not today.
The only thing I know for sure, is that Love is the Answer.
No comments:
Post a Comment