When I was learning about Michael, I remember watching the video of the 1984 Grammys when he took off his glasses. When he took them off and looked, just for a moment so that we could see his eyes, I felt like I had been hit in the stomach with a baseball bat (and I know what that feels like because it happened to me once). I couldn't breathe, my heart was pounding. What WAS that? I replayed the clip until I couldn't take it anymore.
I remembered reading in Moonwalk that he said he wore glasses because he needed something between him and all the people and cameras. He felt too exposed without the glasses on. When I saw those melty eyes that contained the wisdom of the ages and every secret any of us has to keep, I could understand why he didn't let everyone see them.
Last night I read in Be Love Now, the description of Ram Dass' Guru's eyes "Only once when I was with him did he open is eyes fully and look directly into mine. The power of those eyes could take you into full samadhi (bliss). But to do that prematurely wouldn't liberate anyone; it would just create another high, so he masked that power. People couldn't bear that force, so he mostly kept his eyes half closed behind those long lashes."
Today I found out that it was on February 28, 1984 that he won the 8 Grammy awards, so I decided to write about this as my devotion. Or did Michael decide it for me I wonder? Enjoy this most beautiful clip of this most beautiful man.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D9k0ms3PL7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
No comments:
Post a Comment