This site is dedicated to the celebration of Michael Jackson's life and legacy. To share stories, inspiration, hopes, dreams and what we are doing to make a difference and change the world. Thank you Michael, for inspiring us and always giving us your best.
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The Kids Get It
Last night Siren and I went to see a Michael Jackson Impersonator. I am not going to write about the show because I am not sure what to say about it. The aspect of the evening that I want to share is the fact that there were many children there. The show started at 8 and ended at 11, which is very late for any young child, and it was also a school night so I was quite surprised when I looked around and saw so many children in the seats. I was wondering how many parents brought the children to teach them about Michael, and how many children love Michael and brought their parents. We were sitting beside a young girl about eight years old and her mother and grandmother. We asked if the little girl, Olivia, liked Michael, and her mother told us that she and her little brother watched Michael videos on youtube constantly. The little brother was too young to come. How disappointing for him! We asked how Olivia had learned about Michael, and the mom told us that in June 2009, she heard and saw the news about him on TV and asked who he was. (She must have been very young at the time) Ever since then she has loved him. Siren took her quote cards out and gave a few to the mom. I had brought copies of Ever After with me, but had left them in the car, so I gave her my email and also told her how she could order one on Amazon, along with Forever Loved. It would have been smart of me to bring the books into the theatre, but I really was not expecting to see children there! At the end of the evening there was a little boy out in the foyer dancing with a crowd of adults around him. Many of the kids had sparkly fedoras and white gloves that were being sold there. It really was the highlight of the night to see, right in front of my eyes, the evidence that children see the truth of Michael, just as we do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment