This site is dedicated to the celebration of Michael Jackson's life and legacy. To share stories, inspiration, hopes, dreams and what we are doing to make a difference and change the world. Thank you Michael, for inspiring us and always giving us your best.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Love Church
Before Michael came into my life I attended church regularly at a local Unity church. Unity is known as a New Thought Christian church, which means they are less dogmatic and more open to all religions than traditional churches. I call it a Love Church. Over the last three years, I have attended less and less often, until the last few months I have not been going to church at all. This is because my spiritual exploration and needs are being fulfilled so completely through Michael and my online family.
Today I had coffee with a lady who is a Unity minister who has been working with the people at the church to help them with some organizational and financial challenges they have been going through. Not knowing her at all, I was not sure how our meeting would go.
Of course, within 15 minutes, I was telling her about Michael being my spiritual teacher and inspiration. She listened. And then she said "It's sounds like Michael is a lot like Jesus." I just looked at her and nodded, not knowing if I should cry or laugh or jump up and hug her for what she had just said. She went on to talk about how Jesus was very radical and not understood when he was here, and how his message was changed and twisted by others. She wanted to see my books (I didn't have any with me) and asked if I would be interested in speaking at the church one Sunday. I told her I already had done that, almost two years ago, and that I would send her the link to my talk. We ended up talking for an hour and a half, about the church, about our personal lives, and about Michael.
Afterward, I decided that if she asks me to speak again, I will do it. It is one thing to talk to others who already know Michael, and think the same as I do, but it is something else entirely to actually help to open people's minds to the truth of Michael. I am here to expand the global awareness of Michael and his message of Love in any way that is mine to do. If that means going in a world wide speaking tour of all the Unity Churches, I will do it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Brenda... I'm going to find our local Unity Church and make it a point to be there when you speak!!!
Post a Comment