Call for Love Devotion May 16
I am the owner of my own business, and one of my duties is to do our accounting. Entering all transactions into the computer and bringing the balanced bank accounts and yearly info to our accountant to do our tax returns, personal and business. Our year end is March 31 and I have until June 30 to submit the return to the government. Of course, that means taking the information to the accountant before that, so that she has time to do her part, and prepare our returns. Here it is May 15, and I have done nothing so far. It isn't difficult work, I have done it many times, but for some reason I always procrastinate until I absolutely HAVE to sit down and get it done, sometimes even later than that. All the receipts for our whole year are in a shoebox, and files, and need to be sorted, organized, entered and balanced with the bank statements. It's just not a very Michaelish activity. I feel like I am being torn away from my true love, being with Michael, and forced to do something unnatural, tedious and boring, the opposite of Michael!
This morning I put this beautiful picture that Rita posted last night, as my screen saver on my laptop, and decided that maybe I could make this a more enjoyable task if I had Michael with me. I asked him to please be with me and help me to keep my focus and attention on the job, and to help me to make it enjoyable rather than tedious. I kept my laptop on the table, with his beautiful face watching me work. Michael was happily singing You Are Not Alone, while I worked, and I swear I could here him encouraging me, like he would do for a child, telling me that I can do it, that it will be no problem at all, and think how wonderful it will feel when I'm done. He stayed, all afternoon, and I lost track of time, almost forgetting to pick up my daughter from school. I got a huge chunk of the work done, everything sorted and ready to enter into the computer.
Was Michael really with me? Did I make it up? I can't prove that he was, but I do know for sure that I felt wonderful, blissful, as I worked, something that has not happened while doing paperwork, at least not for me. It is another reminder for me, that my life does not have to be divided into Michael, and non Michael. They can, they must, be blended together for me to be well adjusted, happy, and making the biggest contribution and difference in the world. I don't have to leave my regular life for Michael, (although at times I really want to!) I need to invite Michael into that life with me. Thank you Michael for another gentle lesson, and thank you for your encouragement and love.

No comments:
Post a Comment